Veneer is a thin layer of composite material or Porcelain which is used to improve the looks of your teeth. It is basically for getting the white and shiny tooth. It is the shell like coating which is done to improve the whiteness, length, shape and size of the front tooth. It is a common treatment in the cosmetic dentistry which is being greatly undertaken by the people for getting the beautiful smile.
Access service of the dentist
If you want to take services of the dentist for dental veneers visit www.newyorkdentaloffice.com.
Problems fixed by the dental veneers
There are lots of dental problems which are treated by the veneers. Some of them are as follows;
- Discoloration: if you are suffering from teeth discoloration, then you can use this treatment to get the white teeth.
- Chipped teeth: dental veneers are used to treat the broken or chipped off teeth.
- Teeth alignment: dental veneers are also used in the alignment of the teeth or irregular teeth.
Processes to get the dental veneers
The following veneering processes are required to treat the dental problem.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning: It is the first step to get veneering process. You can visit your local cosmetic dentist and ask for the diagnosis. Then you should tell the expected result from the veneering treatment so that they will be able to deliver the right services to you. During this appointment, the dentist thoroughly examines the dental condition before providing the treatment.
- Preparation for veneer: Few millimeters of enamel is removed from the tooth and it is prepared for veneering. Dentist needs the aesthetic to numb the area. Initially, the temporary dental veneers are placed.
- Bonding: Before placement of the veneer permanently on your teeth, temporary bonding is done to check that the veneer is placed correctly. Chemical cement is used to bond the veneers permanently on the tooth.
Advantages of dental veneers
There are various advantages of dental veneers. Some of them are listed below:
- It provides natural appearance to the teeth.
- Gum tissues are treated effectively.
- The porcelain dental veneers are stain resistant thus, the person is free to eat and drink anything.
- They are stronger and provide aesthetics to the person.
Disadvantages of the dental veneers
Despite various advantages, there are some disadvantages of the dental veneers:
- It is expensive than the resin bonding.
- Many people have reported that even if they have dental veneers placed on their teeth, still they faced the problem of tooth decay.
- Once broken, they are not easily repaired.
- Since the enamel is removed, the tooth becomes more sensitive to hot and cold.
- Dental veneers are not suitable for people who have a habit of grinding and clenching their teeth.