A small space can feel stuffy and cramped up and may be a source of worry to you at all times.
That feeling you get when you know there’s no room for your stuffs, could be so annoying. But do you know that your apartment might be short on space but not necessarily on style?
Finding the right balance between creating room for your stuffs and managing your small space is critically important to inventing that space you’ll be comfortable living in for the foreseeable future.
You only need to focus on filling your home with items that fit your personal needs and gives your home the unique look, two problems solved in one step.
How do I strike a balance?
One misconception most people have when decorating their tiny apartments is that the focus should be on functionality rather than design.
If you are feeling concerned on how to manage your small space and convert it to that paradise that you desire, you can try this out
- Carefully define every area: This is the number one step, give each area, each space a specific purpose.
- Invest in dual purpose furniture: Why not find a furniture that can serve two or more purposes? You can make your dressing table your reading table also, get a trundle bed that can be folded into a sofa when watching TV.
- Rethink unused space: That store you keep those baking dishes you no longer use, can be cleared and turned into a mini office.
Rearrange the room to give more space and the furniture can be moved closer to each other to make room for space for your bed.
- Chose a light colour palette: While rich, darker colors have a tendency to make spaces appear smaller to the eye, light shades open things back up. It is then advisable to go for light colours for your interior.
- Paint your walls white: Keep walls and floors all white to brighten up the space. That way, you can make a colorful piece of furniture the focal point of the room. At least, the room will not appear choked up.
- Get creative: You don’t necessarily need to have a living room, family room or dining room. A room can serve those three functions.
- Smart lightening is necessary: Choose lightening that can be attached to the walls or hung from above to save room on floor space.