It doesn’t matter what type of hair we have or what type of hairstyle, we never stay satisfied.Anyone with curly hair would kill for straight hair and those with straight hair want waves.However, straight hair is the most sought-after hair style.Many women spend time and money trying to get their hair to behave against its nature. They spend hours trying to get their hair straight and sleek.Straight hair will always be in fashion, however when straightening your hair remember to treat it gently.
Tools to Straighten Your Hair
The easiest way to straighten your hair is with a tool or gadget.However, because the gadgets can get so hot you need to take care that you don’t damage your hair. You can straighten your hair using a straightening brush or set of hair straighteners.Hair straighteners are often called flat irons.If you’re looking for a new set of straightening irons, then check out some reviews of the best ones available on the market.Places like this are a good start as they have great info on styling your hair and also reviews of the latest tools and gadgets.
Treat Your Hair Well
Before you straighten your hair with any kind of heat or hot tool, you must prepare your hair well and take care of it.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.You may want to use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner to nourish your hair from the start.
- Towel dry. Gently towel dry your hair with a microfiber towel.To avoid making your hair frizzy, don’t rub your hair but pat the hair from root to tip.
- Protect your hair.Spray a heat protection spray into damp hair before blow drying your hair.
- Dry your hair. Your hair must be dry before you use your straightening irons. The best option is to let your hair air dry, however if this is not a viable option then use a hairdryer to get your hair completely dry.When you have towel dried your hair, use a hairdryer to finish drying your hair. Again, make sure that you dry your hair from root to tip.
- Use the hair heat protection spray again. Spray it on to the sections of your hair before you use your hair straightener.
- Comb or brush your hair well before you begin straightening your hair.This will make sure your hair is in the right style before you start straightening.
- Plug-in your flat irons and wait for them to reach the correct temperature.Split your hair into small sections and only straighten one section at a time. Keep the other sections of your hair away using clips. Use the brush to keep the section of your hair taut and then go down it with the straighteners. You may need to straighten a section more than once to get your hair perfectly straight but it is better for your hair to only do each piece once.It is normally a good idea to start at the back of your head and then work to the front. The hair at the front of your face should be the last part of your hair that you straighten.
- Once you have finished straightening your hair, add a nourishing serum to your finished hairstyle.
- Allow your hair straighteners to cool completely and then clean them. Wipe them with warm water to remove any build-up from the hair styling products you’ve used. Keep them in a straightening pocket for protection.
Even after straightening your hair, your hair may start to frizz up. This is very annoying.People with curly hair are more prone to frizz attacks. Frizz is caused by moisture in the air such as humidity. It can also be caused by over brushing. Remember to treat your hair with care. If you suffer from frizz breakouts or are going to a wet or humid climate, then invest in some frizz proof products.These are available in shampoo, conditioner, serums and finishing sprays.
Once you have invested in a great straightener, don’t think you can only stick to straight hairstyles. You can use hair straighteners to get great wavy hair. This is why a good hair straightener is such a good investment.